When I was 30 years old, I was very stuck in a pattern of avoiding intimate relationships. I went to a counsellor who helped me understand my internal conflicts.
He helped me to understand, sort out, and heal——my defensive parts, my vulnerable parts and my core healthy part.
I became unstuck from the attachment patterns that had kept me so alone. I have now been happily married for 20 years.
I was so inspired by this experience that (many years later) I became a counsellor.
For the last 10 years I have counselled many clients who have anxiety, depression, relationship problems or past trauma.
I have helped these clients see, how resolving their inner conflicts, leads them into feeling more secure, worthy and happy.
I find that the experience of having been a client myself, makes me a more sensitive and insightful counselor.
I understand what it’s like to be in the client’s chair. I understand what the process of change and healing feels like because I’ve experienced myself.
I have a Masters Degree in Counselling Psychology from SFU and I am registered with the BCACC (BC Association of Clinical Counsellors). I am an RCC ( Registered Clinical Counsellor).
I have a child—so I know what it’s like to be a parent—the joys and the challenges.
At the age of 57, I have alot of life experience that helps me understand you better. As a person and as a counsellor I am warm and direct.
Contact me at: email@example.com
I have specialized training in the following areas:
- Internal Family Systems Therapy
- Reichan Body-Focused Therapy
- Somatic Experiencing
- Emotion Focused Couples Therapy
- Bader-Pearson Couples Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (for PTSD)
- Crisis/Suicide Prevention Counselling
- EAP Brief Counselling
I have over 5,000 direct client hours counselling adults:
- Post-Partum Group Facilitator (2012-2013)
- Women’s Counsellor (2007-current) Sea to Sky Community Services
- Mental Health Counsellor (2002-2003) Hay River , NWT
- Mental Health Counsellor-Intern (1998-1999)Simon Fraser Universit
- Crisis-Line Counsellor (1994-1997) Vancouver Suicide prevention and Crisis-Line
- Outdoor Guide and Counsellor (1996-1997) Outward Bound
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Counselling Psychology, Simon Fraser University (2001)
- Bachelor of Education, University of Alberta (1983)
- Performing Arts Diploma (dance), Grant MacEwan College (1986)